The Japanese Cemetery Park


resize-top-20210828_130819.jpg (209 KB)



The Japanese Cemetery Park 


Contact Us 
TEL: 6591 7621

43 Chuan Hoe Avenue (Postal Code 544880)  Google Map

●It takes about 20 minutes by taxi from the Japanese Association, Singapore.
●There is not any Japanese cemetery at Japanese Association, Singapore.

Opening time 
7: 00-19: 00 

About donations 
The names of the people who donated (S $ 100 or more) will be listed on the memorial plaza  inscription every year.
Your name will remain at the Memorial Plaza in Cemetery Park for a long  time. 

video_image1.jpg (101 KB)  

Video : Japanese Cemetery Park in Singapore
 Part I (in 2014)
Produced and Copyright Japanese Association of Singapore

video_image2.jpg (69 KB)

Video : Japanese Cemetery Park in Singapore
Part 2 Volunteer Guide Interview (Mdm Gan Yuko)
Part 2 (in 2014)
Produced and Copyright Japanese Association of Singapore


(This newsletter is written in Japanese.)


Donor list 

Donations can be anonymous. There is also a donation box at the front desk on the 1st floor of the 
Japanese Hall, so please use it. The Japanese Association hopes that many 
Japanese residents and Japanese tourists will visit this cemetery park.
We ask for your continued  cooperation and understanding. 

We appreciate donations from Japan and other countries.
Please contact with your name and contact information for details.



1891 (Meiji 24)

Obtained permission to use 8 acres (about 10,000 tsubo) as a  Japanese shared graveyard on Chuan Ho Avenue 22nd and 133rd 

Late Meiji era

The "Kyosaikai" was established by volunteers of Japanese  residents, and took over the assets of the graveyard. The Soto sect's Buddhist Sansai Yuji Temple was built in the graveyard

1915 (Taisho 4)

The Japanese Association was established and started graveyard  management in collaboration with the Mutual Aid Association.  

1917-1941  (Taisho 6-1941)

The Japanese Association will manage the graveyard entirely    

1942 to 1945  (Showa 17 to 20) 

Cemetery management started by "Shonan Hokokukai" by the  military government and Japanese residents 

1949 (Showa 24)

The graveyard will be requisitioned under the Trading with the  Enemy Ordinance 1939, and the trustees' human rights will be deprived.

1953 (Showa 28)

Cemetery management transferred to the Consulate General of  Japan while still under the control of enemy production.

1957 (Showa 32)

 The postwar "Japanese Association" was established in the wake  of cleaning and management of the graveyard. 

1960 (Showa 35)

The Consulate General of Japan keeps the remains of Myohoji  Temple and Nishi Honganji Temple, which had a Mido in the graveyard in the city. 

1969 (Showa 44)

Obtained permission to return Japanese cemetery from Singapore  Supreme Court  

1973 (Showa 48)

The Singaporean government has issued a ban on burial in 42 old  graveyards in the city. Japanese cemetery is also the target 

1978 (Showa 53)

 2 out of 8 acres of Japanese cemetery land returned to the  government to secure additional land for Japanese schools  (Clementi Road)  

1985 (Showa 60)

The Japanese cemetery Mido was rebuilt by the Soto sect's  purification

1987 (Showa 62)

A letter dated January 23 arrived at the embassy from the  Singaporean government, announcing the requisition of the  Japanese graveyard Ambassador Hashimoto petitioned Foreign  Minister Dana Balan and allowed the graveyard to continue by  leasing 30 years with 20 years of options) October 11th Renovation  work completion ceremony held

1991 (Heisei 3)

On November 22, a tree-planting ceremony was held to  commemorate the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Japanese Association Cemetery. 

2002 (Heisei 14)

Cemetery area: 29359 square meters Graveyard: 910 units

2019 (Reiwa 1)

Exercised its option to extend the lease of the land until 2039.